Sunday, April 25, 2010

And it continues...

My calf has been feeling good.  I haven't felt any soreness or any twinges for a few days.  I wanted to give running a try yesterday in the nice weather, but I decided that another day of rest would be better.  I put off my run until this morning and after spending some time on my feet I decided it was time to try the calf.

I put on my calf sleeve and some running clothes and ventured out.  Things were feeling good and I went through the first mile without incident.  I was about a 1/4 mile into the 2nd mile and BAM!  There it was again.  I was paying attention to my stride, and foot strike and making sure my feet were off the ground quickly.  I stopped, I did a quick stretch and turned around to head for home.

The pain wasn't as bad as it has been previously.  In fact it doesn't even hurt as I sit here right now. Maybe that was the 4 Advil I took earlier though.  I iced it once I got home and a few hours later.  I'm gonna stop trying to stretch it out and will stop the use of my Strassburg sock for the remainder of the week since I am not sure it's even helping this issue.

I'll rest some more and we'll see how it's feeling this week.  The half marathon is on the 2nd.  I'm really worried that I won't be able to run it, or I will have to DNF.

We'll see. Now where's my ice pack?

1 comment:

  1. I think you're doing the right thing by cutting the stretching and the sock. We look for answers and options and sometimes doing nothing is better than something.

    Are you icing or doing contrast therapy? Both might be something else to cut. Icing bothers my AT.

    ReplyDelete