Thursday, August 12, 2010

Things are starting to look up

I ran for the 2nd time this week and I was pleasantly surprised.  For the first time for the entire summer I was able to get through 2 runs in a week and not feel like my calf was going to fall off afterwards.  This is now my 3rd run in the last 9 days and things are starting to look better.

I've been doing some foam rolling for my calves and quads to try to keep them loose.  My calf felt as loose as it has in a while when I embarked on my run.  I managed to get 4 miles in without any issues.  I kept my pace nice and controlled and was pleased to see my heart rate was nice and low.  I think some of that is my progress on the bike and continued longer workouts.  I've seen my average heart rate start to drop on my rides too, while supplying the same effort.  It's nice to feel that feeling of things getting easier.  I guess that just means I need to start training a little harder.

The weather this weekend should be fantastic so I plan to get in a nice ride tomorrow and another nice long ride on Saturday.  My Saturday rides have been coming along nicely.  I'm starting to feel stronger and the time on the bike is making me more comfortable just riding.  My boss is an avid rider and suggested a ride that will be close to 40 miles when complete.  I've mapped it out and added some more so the ride will be just under 45 miles.   I'm looking forward to going on what will be my longest ride so far.  I'm going to make sure my bike is dialed in with tomorrows ride.  My rear shifter cable is still stretching out and for some reason was out of adjustment for my Tuesday ride after not giving me a single issue last Saturday.  Hopefully I can get it adjusted properly.

Hope everyone has as nice a weekend as we'll have here on Long Island!

No comments:

Post a Comment