Friday, August 13, 2010

The Coffee Update

I never wrote about it hear, but after reading a post by another blogger, TriTawn regarding her dropping caffeine I decided to give it a shot myself.  I was starting to 'need' coffee post-lunch and I am not a fan of drinking coffee post lunch.  At the time I wasn't feeling overly tired, anymore than usual that is, but the craving (do addicts crave?) caffeine in the afternoon was not what I wanted.  I read about her positive experience from dropping the coffee and figured, why not try it myself.  Cold turkey...not a cup for 3 weeks.


We are now entering week three of my no coffee trial.  I found I lacked some concentration in the mornings during the first few days, and luckily I wasn't experiencing any headaches from withdrawal.  I seem to be sleeping better as I am waking up in the mornings feeling more refreshed.  The only downside is that my lower intestinal tract is not quite as fast moving, not having that morning kick start anymore.  Oh well.

It's been a challenge not to have coffee.  My girlfriend really needs coffee in the morning, especially after nights where she doesn't sleep well, which is often.  I suggested she try doing the same as me to see if it helps but I was met with the evil, 'I might smack you' face.  It was just a thought.  Work offers another challenge as we have no less than 4 pots of various coffees ready to drink at any given time.  The smell of the coffee is the hardest to ignore.

I seem to be past the hurdles.  Here's to continued caffeine free living!

No comments:

Post a Comment